SMOKED TROUT CROSTINI WITH GRILLED FENNEL AND RED ONIONS
- 20 1/2 -inch-thick diagonal slices crusty baguette
- 20 1/2 -inch wedges fresh fennel bulb
- (from about 2 large bulbs), fronds reserved for garnish.
- 20 1/2 -inch wedges red onion (from 2 large onions)
- Olive oil
- 3 4 1/2-ounce packages skinless smoked
- trout fillets,broken into chunks
On separate baking sheets, arrange bread and vegetables; brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Grill or broil bread until crisp, about 2 minutes per side if grilled, and 1 to 2 minutes per side if broiled. Grill
or broil vegetables until golden and just tender, about 4 minutes per side if grilled, and 3 to 4 minutes per side if broiled.
DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let
stand at room temperature.
Arrange bread, vegetables, and trout
on large platter. Garnish with fennel fronds. Serve, allowing guests to assemble crostini.
·Available at some supermarkets and at
specialty foods stores delis.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (154 Votes)