BAKED CAMEMBERT PASTA
Extremely Easy and Quick.
- 1 (8 oz) box of camembert cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
- 6 cups (about 6 ounces) fresh spinach leaves
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Open the box of cheese and unwrap it. Place it back in the wooden container. Score a circle into the top of the skin, then lift it off and discard. Peel and finely slice the garlic. Pick the rosemary leaves off the wood stalk. Lay the garlic slices on top of the cheese, sprinkle with some pepper and drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Scatter the rosemary leaves on top and gently pat with your fingers to coat them in oil. Grate the parmesan.
2. Place the box of cheese on a cookie sheet and put it into the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until golden and melted. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When your cheese has 10 mintues left to cook, add the rigatoni to the pot and cook according to the package instructions. When the pasta is cooked, add the spinach to the pot- it only needs cooking for 10 seconds or so.
3. Drain the pasta and spinach in a colander over a large bowl, reserving some of the cooking water. Return the pasta and spinach to the pot and let the spinach wilt. Drizzle with a couple of good lugs of extra virgin olive oil and add the grated parmesan. If the sauce is to thick for you, add a splach of the reserved cooking water to thin it out a bit. Season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir. Remove the cheese from the oven.
4. Divide the pasta among your serving bowls. Either drizzle the melted camembert on top or pop the box of cheese on the table and let everyone help themselves to a lovely, gooey spoonful.