Prosciutto Crostini with Lemony Fennel Slaw
The salty, savory prosciutto is complemented by the refreshingly tart slaw. A great appetizer for a dinner party, or a light lunch!
- 24 thin slices baguette (from 1 small loaf)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
Adapted from realsimple.com
Heat oven to 375ºF. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Toast until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the fennel, parsley, lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Divide the prosciutto evenly among the toasted baguette slices and top with the slaw.