Healthy Oatmeal Cookies with Almond Butter, Chocolate, & Fruit (Gluten-Free)
Delicious, guilt free and healthy oatmeal cookies with almond butter and chocolate are to become a family favorite!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond butter (recipe below if making yourself)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Stevia
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white melting chocolate discs
- ALMOND BUTTER: (makes about 1.5 cups)
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
If making the almond butter homemade:
Roast 2 cups of almonds in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes. Let cool on a plate. Once cooled to room temperature, add the almonds, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt to the Vitamix. Then, using the tamper tool the entire time to push the nuts down into the blades, blend the nut mixture for several minutes until the mixture turns into nut butter.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Mash the banana with the nut butter until smooth, then stir in all other ingredients until well-combined. Shape into cookies and bake on silicone baking sheet for 15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire baking rack.
Melt the white chocolate discs in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and put back in for another 20-30 seconds if needed, then stir again.
Once cooled, top cookies with fresh fruit. Drizzle each cookie with the melted white chocolate. Store the cookies in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Apple Banana Bread with Almond... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Chocolate-Covered Almond Butter... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Sardianian Sausage Tomato Sauce &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegan Cream Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Coulis Sauce with a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon Lemon Berry Parfait 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Box Cake Mix Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spritz Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)