Paprika Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts for Two
Delicious one-pan cooking! In this healthy chicken recipe, paprika-rubbed chicken thighs are nestled into Brussels sprouts and shallots and roasted on a sheet pan in the oven for an easy, healthy dinner. As the chicken thighs roast, the garlicky drippings flavor the Brussels sprouts and shallots. Smoked paprika adds a touch of smoky flavor—look for it at well-stocked supermarkets or in the bulk-spice section at natural-foods markets. Regular paprika can be used in its place, but doesn’t add the hint of smoke......................................
11 WW smart points per serving
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if large)
- 4 small shallots, quartered
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, sweet or hot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large or 4 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds), skin removed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
Combine Brussels sprouts, shallots and lemon with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Mash garlic and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with the side of a chef’s knife until it becomes a paste. Combine the garlic paste with paprika, thyme and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over chicken. Nestle the chicken into the Brussels sprouts.
Roast on the lower rack until the Brussels sprouts are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken without touching bone registers 165°F, 20 to 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Hash with Spicy... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sesame-Crusted Beef and Spinach... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Chicken Pozole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Plum Good Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamed Chicken Over Cornbread 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Brussel... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Uchiko Brussels Sprouts with Lemon... 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Red Wine BBQ Chicken 4.2/5 (5 Votes)