Creamed Chicken Over Cornbread
- 1 package (8-1/2 oz.) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 T. chopped onion (I put a little more, I live in Onion country and they're free!)
- 1/4 c. butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) boned chicken, broken into chunks
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 t. salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 c. (8 oz.) unflavored yogurt
- 3/4 c. milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Directions: Prepare corn bread batter and bake according to package directions, using a 9-in round pan. (I bake mine in a 9x9, I like squares what can I say?)
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes; stir in chicken and broccoli. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; stir in the egg yolks, sour cream and milk until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
Cut warm corn bread into wedges (or squares); top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese.