Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs with creamy chile-herb sauce
We love the contrast of the bright, herbaceous sauce with the smoky grilled chicken thighs.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
Cooking time 40mins
1. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large sip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal bag. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat grill to medium.
3. Coat grill rack with cooking from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to grill rack; grill 8 minutes on each side or until done.
4. Place remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, parsley, half and half, and jalapeno in the bowl of a mini food processor, process until finely chopped. Serve sauce with chicken thighs.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Icebox Cake 4/5 (183 Votes)
- Upside Down Berry Cake 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Paleo Chicken Pad Thai 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Easy Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Stovetop Chicken & Broccoli... 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Korean Chicken Wrap 4.8/5 (4 Votes)