Ginger Ale Glazed Carrots
These Ginger Ale Glazed Carrots are really good, so much so I've witnessed more than one carrot hater converted with these yummy glazed morsels of deliciousness. Use Vernon ginger ale if you can find it, it's the best!
- 1 1/2 pounds bay carrots (peeled and trimming the greens; leaving about 1 inch of the green tops)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Oranges (zested and juiced; divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 1 tablespoons ginger, finely minced
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped (toasted)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped & divided
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss the carrots with 4-5 tablespoons of the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Zest the orange over the carrots, squeeze the juice, add the garlic cloves and toss. Put the carrots out into a large saute pan that has been heating over medium high heat. Arrange in an even layer. Pour in the ginger ale and cook the carrots on the stove top until they begin to color, and then transfer to the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes, or until fork tender.
Once the carrots are cooked and the glaze is reduced, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the remaining orange zest, juice, ginger, hazelnuts, parsley, salt and pepper.
Garnish the carrots with the hazelnut mixture.
You'll also love
- Moist Pineapple Banana Bread 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Homemade Mushroom Soup by Season... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Cabbage & Noodles with Bacon 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Chocolate Rice Krispies Balls 3.8/5 (232 Votes)
- Zucchini bread for the bread... 3.9/5 (69 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Mango Smoothie 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Cucumber, Carrot, and Cellophane... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Best Ever Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)