Salmon Niçoise Salad with Black Olive Vinaigrette
yield: Makes 4 servings
active time: 45 min
total time: 45 min
In this main-course riff on salade niçoise, the olives make a splash in the dressing while peppery arugula stands in for lettuce, grilled salmon for... more ›
- For dressing: 10 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- For salad: 3/4 pound small Yukon Gold or boiling potatoes
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) piece salmon fillet (preferably center-cut; about 1 inch thick) with skin
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces baby arugula (4 cups)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- Handful of small basil leaves
- 4 lemon wedges
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Salmon-Ni-oise-Salad-with-Black-Olive-Vinaigrette-354494#ixzz2MKKGGZoU
Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium heat; see Grilling Procedure .
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Cover potatoes with water in a 4-quart pot and season well with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
While potatoes cook, season salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Oil grill rack, then grill salmon, covered, turning once, until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes total. Cool slightly, then gently break into large flakes. If desired, reserve skin for crumbling over salad.
Transfer potatoes with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Add green beans to boiling water and cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking.
Halve potatoes while still warm and toss with 2 tablespoons dressing.
Toss green beans, cherry tomatoes, and arugula with enough dressing to coat, then toss with potatoes. Divide among plates with salmon and eggs. Sprinkle with basil (and salmon skin, if using). Serve with lemon wedges and remaining dressing.
Cooks' note: Salmon can be cooked in an oiled hot grill pan (uncovered) or in a hot skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat
Note: double salad dressing for 2
You'll also love
- Creole Catfish Stew 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Clean Eating - Cherry Pecan Lara... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Clean Eating - Coconut Lime Oat... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crumb Topped Baked Fish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chinese-American Beef and Broccoli... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dry-Fried Chow Fun with Chinese... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon with Roasted Asparagus and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon with Spinach and Feta 4/5 (1 Votes)