Delic....crispy Panko battered fried Shrimp...( like Dynamite Shrimp at Applebee's ) Great as an appetizer or over rice as a dinner.
- For the Sauce:
- 1 Pound med. Shrimp ( about 40 ), peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 4 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
- For Egg Mixture:
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- For the Breading:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Panko Jap. Bread crumbs
- 1 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried Basil
- For Frying:
- Veg. or Peanut oil
Clean and de-vein Shrimp...drain well
Combine all ingredients for the sauce and refrigerate.
Combine flour,panko,salt,pepper,onion and garlic powder and basil in a shallow bowl.
1. Dredge shrimp in cornstarch ( this makes the final product extra crispy and helps the coating to stick to the shrimp ).
2. Beat egg and milk together.....Dip the cornstarch coated shrimp into the egg mix..then into the breading mix. ( left hand WET..right hand DRY )
3. Lay out on wax paper lined cookie sheet, the breaded uncooked shrimp, and place in frig to chill well before frying. Again,,,,this helps with the breading being crispy and staying on the shrimp.
4. Heat oil to 300-325 degrees When oil is hot fry shrimp only 2-3 mins. until golden brown. Drain on a rack over paper towel lined cookie sheet.
5. When all shrimp are fryed, drop them all back into oil to reheat and then drop into a large bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the sauce over hot shrimp and stir gently with a folding motion with spatula.
6. Serve with a green onion garnish.....or over Rice for a Entree'