Chive Butter Sauce for Salmon
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 Tbls minced shallots
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 to 2 Tbls snipped chives
- 1 tsp minced sweet marjoram, basil, or dill
- 1 tsp grated orange rind (optional)
- dash cayenne pepper
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Place the vinegar, wine and shallots in an enamel or stainless steel saucepan.
Bring the liquid to a boil and slowly boil the mixture until the liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoon. Be careful not to boil dry.
Turn the heat to low and slowly whisk in the chilled butter one piece at a time. The sauce will thicken and turn golden.
Add the chives, other herb, and orange rind.
Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
Put several spoonfuls on previously prepared salmon and serve immediately.