Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with White Garlic Sauce and Celery Ranch Dressing
This Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with White Garlic Sauce and Celery ranch dressing packs a ton of flavor and takes minutes to put together. soy-free
- For the Buffalo Sauce Chickpeas:
- My White garlic crust or Whole wheat crust or Gluten-free Focaccia crust
- 3Tbsp3 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1.5Tbsp1.5 Tbsp Sriracha or other garlic chili sauce
- 2tsp2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 115 oz can1 15 oz can chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- White Sauce Base:
- 1/2cup1/2 cup ground cashew
- 3/4cup3/4 cup almond milk
- 2tbsp2 tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2/3tsp2/3 tsp salt
- 1Tbsp1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- For the garlic sauce:
- 2/32/3 of the white sauce from above
- 4cloves4 cloves of roasted garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4tsp1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp italian herb blend
- 1Tbsp1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1tsp1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Celery ranch sauce:
- 1/31/3 of the white sauce from above
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp ranch seasoning
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Adapted from veganricha.com
1. Make the pizza dough according to recipe. Use double the pizza dough recipe to make 2 pizzas.
2. Make the Buffalo chickpeas: Mix everything under buffalo chickpeas. Mash a few chickpeas and let sit and marinate while you prep the sauce.
3. Make the White sauce: Blend all the ingredients under white sauce base until well combined into a smooth sauce.
4. Make the White Garlic sauce: Take about a ⅔ part of the white sauce form above and add garlic sauce ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust and mix or blend.
5. Make the Celery Ranch: Add the ranch seasoning, celery and vinegar and mix and keep ready.
6. Shape the pizza dough to a 10 inch rounds with thick edges so the sauce does not flow off the pizza during baking. Brush olive oil on it. Drizzle enough garlic sauce on the dough to coat. Add spinach or greens or other veggies of choice.
7. Layer buffalo chickpeas on the greens. Drizzle some buffalo sauce from the marinade.
8. Drizzle a generous amount of celery ranch. Add vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (optional). Try Any of my cheeses
9. Bake at pre-heated 425 degrees F for 14 minutes. Broil for a minute to crisp.
10. Drizzle any leftover garlic sauce or celery ranch before serving.
Variations: Use other beans, tofu, Tempeh, Seitan or meat subs instead of Chickpeas.