Manchego and serrano crostini (Spanish ham & cheese on garlic bites)
- 1 whole grain baguette, cut into 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch slices
- 1/4 lb ham, sliced thin and to fit the baguette slices
- 8 ounces manchego cheese, sliced thin and slightly smaller than the ham (may substitute parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (approximate)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
Adapted from cheese.food.com
Saute' garlic in olive oil until lightly browned.
Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush slices with olive oil.
Assemble crostini, with ham first then cheese. Cook under broiler until cheese is melted and ham is warm. Watch carefully to prevent burning.