Chicken and Strawberry Salad
Pair this simple, no-cook meal with toasted buttery baguette slices. Broil 8 - 1/2 inch slices French bread baguette for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn slices over; brush evenly with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 1 T sugar
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 C torn romaine lettuce
- 4 C arugula
- 2 C quartered strawberries
- 1/3 C vertically sliced red onion
- 12 oz skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
- 2 T unsalted cashews, halved
- 1/2 C (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese
To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
To prepare salad, combine romaine and the next 4 ingredients (through sliced chicken breast) in a bowl; toss gently. Place about 2 C chicken mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 1/2 tsp cashews and 2 T blue cheese.
Drizzle about 4 tsp dressing over each serving.
YIELD: 4 servings
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)