CLAM CHOWDER, 4 CUP, MAKES APPROX 10 QUARTS
This recipe is good for a large group, 35 - 40 people and can easily be cut in half, last time I made it ,. made close to 10 quarts for a Christmas party,,, came home with a quart and half if that,,, people were going back for seconds
- 1 - 50 OUNCE CAN CAMPBELL'S CONDENSED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- 1 - 50 OUNCE CAN WATER
- 2 - 28 OUNCE CANS POLAR CLAMS ( MEAT AND WATER SEPARATED )
- 4 CUP RED POTATOES DICED
- 4 CUP RED ONIONS DICED
- 4 CUP CELERY DICED
- 4 - 6 CUP FROZEN CARROTS AND PEAS
- 4 CUP LA VICTORIA THICK AND CHUNKY SALSA
- 4 TBSP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 4-6 TBSP MINCED GARLIC
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
PREPARE MUSHROOM SOUP BY MIXING WATER AND SOUP TOGETHER POUR INTO LARGE STOCK POT. OVER LOW TO MEDIUM HEAT
WASH, PEAL AND DICE POTATOES TOSS INTO SOUP MIX IN THOROUGHLY COOK TILL TENDER. THEN START ADDING IN REST INGREDIENTS.
( THIS STEP MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF HOURS DONT WORRY,, IT TAKES TIME)
( DO NOT BOIL POTATOES IN WATER AHEAD OF TIME,, LET THE SOUP COOK THE POTATOES )
DURING THIS TIME YOU CAN DO THE PREP WORK AS FOLLOWS:
PEAL AND DICE RED ONIONS, WASH AND DICE CELERY. IN A SEPARATE POT PLACE OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC, OVER MEDIUM HIGH HEAT BRING UP TO HEAT. ADD IN ONIONS AND CELERY COOK TILL TRANSLUCENT 12 TO 15 MINUTES. TRANSFER TO SOUP POTATO MIX.
ADD IN CARROTS AND PEAS.
REDUCE HEAT TO SIMMER OR AS LOW AS POSSIBLE FOR 2 TO 3 HOURS LETTING ALL THE FLAVORS MELD TOGETHER,
TASTE TO SEE IF IT NEEDS SALT AND PEPPER,, IF SO,, ADD IN TILL YOUR HAPPY.
SEPARATE CLAMS FROM JUICE / WATER RINSE THEN ADD INTO MIXTURE,,, STIR, IN 1 HOUR SERVE.
You'll also love
- Salisbury Steak with Caramelized... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Hot Smashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Spicy Louisiana Cajun Shrimp With... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Garlicky Roasted Shrimp with... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
Review this recipe