Best White Fruit Cake on Earth
Normally I'm not a fan of fruitcakes but this one was exceptional with awesome flavors!
Original fruit cake recipe from Mim - 1970
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound butter
- 4 cup shelled pecans
- 1 pound glace pineapple
- 1 pound glace cherries
- 1 cup golden raisins
Adapted from whatscookingamerica.net
Cream butter and sugar. Add well-beaten eggs and blend well.
Chop nuts and fruit and mix with part of the flour. Sift remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into egg and butter mixture.
Add flavorings, mix, then add fruit and nuts, mixing in well.
Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. Place in cold oven and bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours. Cool in pan on cake rack.
You'll also love
- Columbian Hot Chocolate with Cheese 3.8/5 (92 Votes)
- Bon Appetit's Best Beef & Bacon... 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Applesauce Cake with Penuche... 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Instant Pot Lemon Yogurt Cake 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Colonial Fruit Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mama's Fruit Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)