Vegan Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
These vegan matcha green tea cupcakes are great for a healthy dessert. Matcha green tea does wonders for your body, fights and deters illnesses and promotes calmness and relaxation, so eat up!
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teapoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup soy milk, or non dairy milk of choice
- 1 teapoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Pre heat oven to 350°F
In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and soda, salt, sugar and green tea powder.
In a seperate smaller bowl mix the soy milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for a minute or two for the milk to curdle
Add the oil and vanilla to the milk, then mix into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Stir the batter until just combined
Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and fill with batter 3/4 of a way up. I used extra large cupcake cases and got 10 out of this recipe
Place in oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until golden. Poke one with a bamboo stick, if it comes out clean they are ready
Cool completely before icing.
Place butter in a large bowl and cream with an electric whisk, or tough it out and beat it by hand if you don’t have the electrics like me.
Add the icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating and combining before adding the next batch, until you have lovely thick creamy frosting. Now mix in the vanilla and Match green tea powder until well combined.
Decorate cupcakes as desired once they are fully cooled.
You'll also love
- Peach Bellini Cupcakes 4.3/5 (161 Votes)
- Matcha and Coconut Butter Truffles 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Miso-Glazed Turnips 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Zucchini-Pineapple Quick Bread... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Best White Fruit Cake on Earth 3.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Funfetti Color Me Halloween... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)