Tuna Noodle Casserole
Egg noodles, tuna, onion, carrot, cream cheese and Parmesan make a hearty and nutritious casserole. This dish makes for a great weeknight dinner for the family.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 (5-ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 32mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and carrot; cook 6 minutes or until carrot is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk until slightly thick. Stir in cream cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in noodles, peas, 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and tuna. Spoon mixture into a shallow broiler-safe 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Balsamic Shrimp Salad 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Santa Hats 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Vegan Chocolate Cashew Cream... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Festive New York-Style Cheesecake... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker BBQ Meatballs Recipe 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Hamburger Minestrone Soup 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Hot Spicy Crab Dip 4.4/5 (19 Votes)