Pasta with Gorgonzola Sauce and Balsamic Beef Tenderloin
- 1 * 1 lb. filet mignon, cut into 2 inch medallions
- 3 * 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 * 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 * 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 * 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 * 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 * 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 * 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 * 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 * 8 ounces uncooked pasta, linquine or fettuccini
Toss the filet mignon medallions with the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Let rest in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare a pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the beef. Cook without turning for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Turn and repeat. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. (If you would like the meat more well done, cook for additional time)
Combine the butter through white wine in a saucepan. Bring to a slow simmer and stir in the Parmesan and Gorgonzola. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 2 minutes, stirring to ensure the cheese has dispersed evenly.
Toss the pasta with the sauce and filet mignon medallions. Garnish with additional Gorgonzola.
Note: just before serving, I threw the asparagus into the pan I cooked the beef in. Sauteed it for a minute, poured a few glugs of white wine, and put the lid on it. After steaming it for a minute or two I seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Serve it drizzled with some of the pan drippings you cooked it in.
You'll also love
- Beef Tenderloin with Portabella... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Southwestern Beef Tenderloin with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Steak Gorgonzola with Spinach... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken With Warm... 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- TOASTED GARLIC & CORIANDER OIL 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini and Carrot Ribbons with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ramen Noodle Salad Topping 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Pea and Bacon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)