Tomato Sauce with Olives, Golden Raisins, and Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 No. 1 tall can Italian tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 cup very hot water
- 1/2 cup olives, black nicoise or gaeta, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, cook the garlic in oil over low heat until the garlic is softened, not browned. Stir in the tomatoes and increase the heat to moderate. Cook, crushing the tomatoes occasionally with the back of a fork, until the sauce is thick, about 15 min.
2. Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over moderate head, stirring constantly until golden brown, about 5 min. Transfer to a small plate. In a small bowl, plump the raisins in the water about 5 min, then drain.
3. Stir the pine nuts, raisins, and olives into the tomato sauce, then add the capers and season with pepper.
Serve warm or at room temp
You'll also love
- Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweedish Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- DUCK A L'ORANGE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sun-Driend Tomato Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna and Sun-dried Tomatoes over... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raisin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)