Sweet Potato-Beet Hash
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 large fresh beet, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (I dice mine smaller than the potato so it softens)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt (I do not use the salt, for medical reasons)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 slice bacon, cut into lardons (I use 2 slices of low-sodium bacon, for medical reasons)
- 1 small onion, diced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the cut sweet potatoes and beets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until vegetables are golden, about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, add the bacon pieces and render the fat until the bacon is starting to crisp (about 4 minutes).
Add the onions to skillet and season with salt, and continue to cook until the onions start to caramelize and turn golden, and bacon is crisp (about 6-8 minutes).
Add the roasted sweet potatoes and beets to the pan and stir to combine cooking another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Virgin Pineapple Daiquiri 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rob's Famous Barbecued Shrimp 4/5 (1 Votes)
- GARLIC STEAK *****AAA 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Polish Sausage Sauerkraut... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Okinawan Sweet Potatoes - Mashed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Beet Jelly 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole (Weight... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Arctic Char With Horseradish... 4/5 (1 Votes)