Sweet Potato Casserole (Weight Watchers)
From Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. 4 points per serving.
Nutritional Information: 220 Calories, 2 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 332 mg Sodium, 50 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Protein, 48 mg Calcium.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 Tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp margarine, diced
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F; spray an 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange half of the apples in the baking dish; top with half of the sweet potatoes, then sprinkle with half the ginger and half the salt. Repeat the layers.
2. In a small bowl, combine the juice concentrate, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and 1/4 cup water. Pour over the potatoes. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes; dot with the margarine. Bake, uncovered, until tender, bubbling and lightly browned, about 15 minutes longer.