Pickled Beets - Canned
Makes about 6 pints of homemade pickled beets. Perfect for adding to salads, sandwiches, or just to snack on, these pickled beets are easy to make and delicious!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 7 pounds sliced, cooked, beets, around 10 cups
- Pint jars, lids and bands.
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Select small young beets; cook in boiling water until tender. Dip into cold water. Peel and slice beets.
Prepare canner, jars and lids.
In a large pot, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add beets to syrup and boil for 10 minutes.
Pack into sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Remove air bubbles and adjust head space, if necessary, by adding more hot pickling liquid. Be sure beets are covered with liquid. Wipe rim. Place sterilized lids and bands on jars as each is filled. Screw bands until finger tight.
Place jars in canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process pints for 30 minutes. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.
You'll also love
- French Strawberry Cake 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Carrot & Banana Natural Dog Treats... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts with... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Mexican Wedding Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Hot Crab & Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Red Velvet Beet Cupcakes 4.6/5 (20 Votes)