Fluffy Banana Cream Pie
- For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 whole graham crackers, about 7 oz.
- 6 Tb. melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 Tb. water
- For the Pie Filling
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped and divided
- 3 Tb. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
Adapted from aspicyperspective.com
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Pulse until the crackers are chopped to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon, pulse to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of water and pulse a couple more times. If the crumbs are moist and pinch together well, dump into a pie pan. If not, repeat with another tablespoon of water and proceed.
2.Press the graham cracker mixture firmly against the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Then bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
3.Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with the 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla. Scoop into a separate bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the instant pudding and milk until well combined and set aside.
4.Then using the mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, then with the mixer still running, add the sweetened condensed milk and pudding. scrape the bowl and beat until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in half the whipped cream.
5.Now spread a thin layer of the filling over the bottom and sides of the cooled pie crust. Cut 3-4 bananas into chunks. Press the chunks to the bottom and sides of the pie crust. Then scoop the remaining filling into the pan crust. Smooth the filling, top with the remaining whipped cream, cover gently with plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour.
6.When you are ready to serve the pie, decorate the top with more fresh cut banana chunks and toasted coconut.
You'll also love
- Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Chinese shrimp fried rice 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Mango shake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Lowfat Carrot, Banana, Zucchini... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Sugar free chocolate cream pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)