Amish Pickled Beets
This homemade picked beets recipe is ultimately better than any beets you can buy in a store. Use on top of a salad or eat it as a side to a big hearty steak!
- 10 fresh red beets
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 75mins
Cut the leafy tops off the beet stems, leaving 2 inches of stem. In a large saucepan, place beets in enough water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 1 hour, or until fork-tender.
Drain beets, allow to cool slightly, then slip off the skins and cut into 1/4-inch slices; discard remaining stems. Return sliced beets to the pot and add remaining salt, the sugar, cider vinegar, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until warmed through.
You'll also love
- Smoked Salmon Egg Stuffed Avocados 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Apple Pie with Orange Juice 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Fluff Cake 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Birthday Cake Banana Bread 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Roasted Carrots with Cumin &... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Queso Fundido with Chorizo 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Healthy Fire-Seared Antipasto... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Greek Lemon Chicken with Crispy... 4.2/5 (21 Votes)