Carrot & Banana Natural Dog Treats Homemade
Homemade Carrot & Banana Natural Dog Treats for your four legged fury friends.
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 bunch fresh carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 2-3 fresh bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (*optional, we went without)
- 1/2 cup cold water
Adapted from renegadehealth.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease cookie sheets.
Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then add in carrots, bananas, egg, oil, and water until well blended into a workable dough.
Chopping both the carrots and the bananas up first in a food processor will save time and create a mash that will blend better into the rest of the base ingredients.
Flour your workspace and roll out dough to desired thickness. (About ½ inch.)
Cut treats into desired shape and size, place on baking sheet and bake 35 minutes.
After baking, turn the oven off and leave cookies inside for another 30-45 minutes until crisp.
Remove and let cool.
Transfer to zipper bags or airtight containers and freeze to preserve freshness.
Thaw completely before serving.
You'll also love
- Soft Lemonade Cookies 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- WATERMELON RUM SPLASH 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Roasted Potato Salad with Dijon... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Banana Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Cinnamon and Honey Carrots 4.6/5 (18 Votes)