Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage with Horseradish Sauce
An Irish-American tradition on St. Patrick’s Day, this comforting one-pot dish is great year-round, super-easy to make and perfect for a crowd
- Horseradish Sauce:
- One 3-pound corned beef, including spice packet
- 2 pounds (8 medium-small) red potatoes
- One 2 1/2 pound Savoy cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons drained horseradish, or to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
Combine corned beef, spice packet or pickling spice and water (16 cups) to cover in a large casserole. Bring to a boil, covered, over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3 hours. Add potatoes and simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Add cabbage and simmer 15 minutes more, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
To make horseradish sauce, combine sour cream, horseradish, mustard and cayenne in a bowl.
To serve: Slice corned beef against the grain. Transfer to a serving dish and surround with potatoes, halved, and cabbage wedges. Garnish with parsley and serve with horseradish sauce and carrots, if desired.
Tip: If corned beef isn't sold with spice packet, add 1 tablespoon pickling spice.
Get Cooking: http://www.target.com/r/recipes/classic-corned-beef-cabbage-horseradish-sauce-recipe#ixzz3e0Icuf59
You'll also love
- Chicken Salad with ShoeString... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sous Vide Chorizo-Stuffed Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Georgia Pulled Pork... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- OLD FASHIONED BEEF STEW (WEIGHT... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BEEF, BEAN AND CHEESE BURRITOS 5/5 (1 Votes)
- SLOPPY JOE CORNBREAD BAKE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Warm Beef and Cheddar Sandwiches... 5/5 (1 Votes)