Ground Beef Jerky
I use ground beef (90% lean or better). It is really good and is more tender than muscle jerky.
My favorite spice mix is from Nesco. Their original spice is really good. The Sweet hardwood mix is very good also, as well as the mesquite and hickory.
- 1 lb ground meat 90% lean or better
- 1 packet of Nesco original spice mix or your favorite
- 1 packet of cure
Adapted from nesco.com
Mix all ingredients well. Its best to just get your "clean" hands in the bowl and mix for about 10 minutes or until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. You can add cold water (1/4 cup) but I don't use it.
After the meat and ingredients are mixed, refrigerate for a few hours to let the ingredients mix. I usually skip this. I get great results with it.
Load a jerky gun with the mixture and squeeze onto the plastic trays of the dehydrator and follow instructions for your particular dehydrator. On my dehydrator, it usually takes about 6 - 8 hours depending on how much is in the dehydrator.
If you do not have a jerky gun, then place the mixture on a flat surface and roll or pat out until it is about a 1/4" thick. Then take a knife and cut 1" wide strips and place in dehydrator.
I don't have a pic yet, but will post one on the next batch.
You'll also love
- roasted mixed baby potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- ENGLISH MUFFIN CRAB APPETIZERS 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey and Cheese Panini 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Turkey Noodle Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Teriyaki Beef Fondue or Marinade 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Long Boy Burgers 3.7/5 (74 Votes)
- Beef Jerky Made with a Dehydrator 3.9/5 (96 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Cauliflower 3.8/5 (60 Votes)