Seafood Boil with Corn, Potatoes and Sausage
I was surfing the internet for an easy one pot seafood boil to make on the stove. Most of the recipes did not have the right ingredients or they were overly complicated to make, so I came up with my own. I incorporated a little bit of something from the recipes I liked. Easy being the most important, and this is what I came up with. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons of liquid crab boil
- 3 tablespoons of Phillips sea food seasoning or old bay
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 fennel seeds (tea strainer)
- 1/2 peppercorns (tea strainer)
- 1/2 pepper flakes (tea strainer)
- Four ears of corn quarter
- 1-1/2 lbs large shrimp peeled and Devinne
- 18 cherry stone clams
- 2 lbs sausage or kielbasa cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 onion chopped
- creole seasoning for salting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from en.wikipedia.org
1. In a large pot bring 6 quarts of water to a boil.
2. When water is at a full boil reduce heat add crab boil seasoning, Old bay seasoning, fennel seeds, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, salt and lemons. (I put the fennel seeds, peppercorns and pepper flakes in a tea leaf strainer).
3. Return to a boil, add potatoes, onions and sausage boil for ten minutes.
4. Add corn boil for 5 minutes, add clams and shrimp boil for 5 more minutes.
5. Remove with slotted spoon to large pasta bowl, sprinkle with creole seasoning, (as much as you like) toss and enjoy.
You'll also love
- Sausage Pasta with Orecchiette 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Low Carb Cauliflower Cheddar Soup 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef and Broccolini 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Avocado Tuna Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Thai Glazed Corn 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Fresh Corn Tamales with Cheese &... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sautéed Cod with Pea Cream 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach & Sausage Cannelloni... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)