Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
These pancakes use minimal ingredients that you can find at any store, and with a little practice it is easy to get the hang of nailing the perfect pancakes every time.
- 1 cup almond milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar, stirring well. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
Add the oil to the milk mixture and stir. Then pour into dry mixture.
Mix until JUST combined. Lumps are okay! Do not over-mix.
Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Spray oil lightly onto pan.
Using scoop batter into round pancake shapes, leaving some room for spreading. I usually do 2 at a time. BE PATIENT! Let it cook until bubbles rise to the surface then burst, and the edges start to look cooked. Take a peak underneath and if it is golden, flip to the other side. Cook about 30 seconds-1 minute on the other side (the second side takes much less time to cook).
Serve with butter and maple syrup!
You'll also love
- Bacon Pierogi Bake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken (Weight... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ratatouille Skillet Eggs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- One-Bowl Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Flat Roasted Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bibingkang Malagkit (Glutinous... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Moroccan Stew - Detoxifying Slow... 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet potato waffles or pancakes 4/5 (2 Votes)