Super New York Style Cheesecake
This classic dessert can be made with a graham cracker crust by substituting graham cracker crumbs for the crushed vanilla wafers.
- VANILLA WAFER CRUST:
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- NEW YORK FILLING:
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 180mins
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and flour. Beat with an electric mixer till smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in whipping cream, orange peel, lemon peel, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200ºF and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or till the center no longer looks wet or shiny. Remove the cake from the oven. Stir together sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Spread over warm cheesecake.
Return cheesecake to the oven and bake for 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Do not chill cheesecake.
You'll also love
- Sweet & Sour Sauce 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Red Robin's Screaming Red Zombie 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Rhubarb Strawberry Cheesecake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cookies (with filling -... 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe