Omega 3 Roasted Tilapia with Tomato Curry Sauce
This high protein, low carb dish gives an exotic twist on an other wise boring dish of fish and rice. It is not too spicy but you can make it hotter by adding a little cayenne. Fish is naturally high in protein and Omega 3. Try pairing this dish with Cauliflower Rice Pilaf and a nice glass of Chardonnay.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mild Indian curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 pieces tilapia
- 1 can curry sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, chopped with their juices
- 1 cup stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from not-too-sweet.com
Combine oil, curry paste and ginger in a bowl. Place tilapia in a metal baking dish and brush curry paste mixture over fish. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook another minute. Stir in coriander and cumin and cook for another minute.
Add cayenne, tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and mango chutney and simmer for 10 minutes longer. If the flavour is too sharp add a little more mango chutney. Flavours should be balanced.
Puree sauce using an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in chopped coriander.
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
Season tilapia with salt and roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until white juices appear and the fish is cooked.
To serve, spoon sauce in the centre of a serving plate, top with tilapia and add Cauliflower Rice Pilaf on the side.
You'll also love
- Chicken, Farro, and Vegetable... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Cabbage 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Tilapia in Tomato-Saffron Broth... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Curry-Spiced Bloody Marys 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Fish Curry 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Healthier Eggs Benedict 4.8/5 (4 Votes)