Curry-Spiced Bloody Marys
Bloody Marys usually mean Zing-Zang, but this morning-noon-night recipe with Madras curry powder gives the bottled stuff a run for its money.
- 10 cups tomato juice, preferrably organic
- 1 2/3 cups vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 2 teaspoons (or more) fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
- Crushed ice
- Celery sticks for garnish
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Combine first 6 ingredients in large pitcher. Whisk in 2 teaspoons sea salt and pepper. Season with more salt, if desired. Cover; chill.
Can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled. Whisk before serving.
Fill tall glasses with ice. Pour in Bloody Mary mixture. Garnish with celery sticks and a crack of pepper.