Gingered Peach Pavlovas
Sweet sensations! You and anyone lucky enough to try these delicious Gingered Peach Pavlovas will be grinning with delight, they're so good!
Each serving = 9 Weight Watchers points.
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided (1 1/2 tablespoons - 6 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 firm but ripe peaches, peeled, halved, pitted
- BERRIES & TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy cream
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 250F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl to blend; set aside.
Using electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in remaining 6 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; continue to beat until soft peaks form. Sift cornstarch mixture over meringue and gently fold in with rubber spatula until incorporated.
Spoon meringue onto prepared baking sheet in 6 mounds (1/4 cup each), spacing apart. Using back of spoon, make indentation in center of each mound, forming each meringue into 3" diameter nest.
Bake meringues until crisp and barely golden on outside but still soft on inside, about 55 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer meringues to rack and cool completely. Can be made 1 day ahead; store in airtight container.
Combine 2 cups water, 1 1/4 cups sugar, fresh lemon juice, and sliced ginger in large saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes. Add peeled peach halves to syrup in saucepan; remove from heat. Allow peaches to cool to room temperature in syrup, turning occasionally. Transfer peaches with syrup to medium bowl; cover and chill until cold. Peaches can be made 1 day ahead. Remove peaches from syrup and cut each half into 6 wedges; reserve syrup.
BERRIES AND TOPPING:
Place all berries in a small bowl; add 4 tablespoons peach syrup and toss to coat.
Using electric mixer, beat cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until soft peaks form.
To serve, place 1 meringue on each of 6 plates. Spoon whipped cream into center of each meringue, then top each with 6 peach wedges and berry mixture.
You'll also love
- Anchovy Bread 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheeto-Crusted Fish 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- French Bread Strata with Spinach... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pancakes 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Ground Turkey and Cabbage Stew 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken - Lemon 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Charred Lemon Chicken Piccata 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cutouts 4.9/5 (7 Votes)