Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups
From Organize Yourself Skinny, great to freeze and pop in microwave for breakfast or snack.
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 medium bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray.
- Additional maple syrup for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from organizeyourselfskinny.com
Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.
Bake oatmeal cups completely and let cool. Then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag, and freeze. Warm up in the microwave. First, remove plastic wrap. Then place on a microwave safe dish and heat up for 2 minutes on high. Put a coffee mug of water in while it heats up. This keeps it from drying out.
You'll also love
- Lobster Newburg 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- German-Style Salisbury Steaks 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Sparkling White Cranberry Sangria 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- St James Blackberry Wine Cake 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana Oatmeal Cookie 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Mug Cake 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.3/5 (21 Votes)