Sparkling White Cranberry Sangria
Sangria isn't just for summer time. Pour yourself a glass of Sparkling White Cranberry Sangria during the holiday season this year!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup rum, like Selvarey or another high-quality white rum
- 1 cup diced red apple
- 1 cup diced green apple
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 bottle Chardonnay, un-oaked or lightly oaked, chilled
- 1 cup white cranberry juice, chilled
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- Lemon twist for garnish
Adapted from thekitchn.com
In a large pitcher, combine the sugar and rum and stir to dissolve. Add the apples, cranberries, Chardonnay, and white cranberry juice. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, add the club soda and stir to combine. Pour into ice filled glasses and scoop in some of the fruit. Top each glass with a lemon twist.
I used frozen cranberries but you can also use fresh. If you use fresh, your sangria will be more pink tinted, as the berries bleed their color into the juice.
Using an oak-aged Chardonnay will give the sangria more buttery flavors. I prefer un-oaked for a cleaner, lighter, more refreshing sangria.
You can also serve this sangria immediately, but the flavors won't have had as much time to mingle and mellow.
You'll also love
- St James Blackberry Wine Cake 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Shake n' Shimmy Pork Chops 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Steamed White Rice Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Vegan Avocado Lemon Basil... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Raspberry Pie 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Cranberry Smoothie Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Classic Bloody Mary 4.5/5 (19 Votes)