Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grained rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 20 oz.can crushed pineapple chunks
- 1 13.5 oz.can unsweetened coconut milk (I like Chaokoh)
- 3 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
1.Drain pineapple juice from crushed pineapple in a measuring cup. Add coconut milk to equal 3 cups liquid, adding water if necessary.
2.Add liquid to a large pan and bring to a gentle simmer then stir in all remaining ingredients EXCEPT Garnishes. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low (dial should be a little above lowest setting). Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes, adding water if necessary.
3.When rice is tender, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes, covered.
4.When ready to serve (not before), stir in lime juice, cilantro and cashews.
5.Taste and season with freshly cracked salt and pepper and additional lime juice to taste if desired.
You'll also love
- Swiss Chard and Mushroom Galette 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Ninja Multi-Cooker 2-Ingredient... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon & Kiwi Cheesecake Bars 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Caramel Coconut Pie 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- All-American Apple Pie 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Coconut-Cherry Cookies 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple Delight Dessert 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Pineapple Kasekuchen (German... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)