Waffled Brioche French Toast
Serve alongside your best gal-pals, fresh berries, maple syrup, whipped butter, and, of course, mimosas, and are all set for the perfect brunch treat. This recipe for Waffled Brioche French Toast is filled with the flavors of pure vanilla extract, brioche or challah bread, and rich, sweet toppings for a great way to wake up the whole family any holiday.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 5 large eggs
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices brioche or challah bread
- Melted unsalted butter, for brushing waffle iron
- Maple syrup, raspberries, and confectioners' sugar, for topping
- Special equipment: waffle iron (preferably Belgian style)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200˚F (to keep cooked waffles warm). Whisk together the milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs in a bowl or baking dish. Soak a piece of bread in the mixture for 2 minutes per side.
Lightly brush the top and bottom of the waffle iron with butter. Place the soaked bread on the waffle iron and close gently (don't push down). Cook until golden brown and dry underneath when you lift a corner, 5 to 6 minutes. Keep warm in the oven or covered with foil on a plate. Repeat with the remaining bread.
Top the French toast with syrup, raspberries and confectioners' sugar.
You'll also love
- Sausage Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Drunken Beans (Cook's Illustrated) 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Valentine’s Day Cookies 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Meatballs 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Migas for Breakfast 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb... 4.1/5 (63 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Strawberry Souffle Pancakes 4.4/5 (23 Votes)