4 Cheese Bacon Stuffed Smothered Chicken Casserole
- 6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Slices of bacon, cooked and chopped + 6 more for the stuffing
- 1/2 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- Olive Oil for cooking
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 red bell pepper ,chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Chicken Stuffing Mixture
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 6 Pieces of cooked and chopped Bacon
- Coating the Chicken Rolls
- 1/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
Adapted from myincrediblerecipes.com
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, add in only the teaspoon of butter, the chopped bell pepper and the 1/2 chopped onion - allow cook only about 3 minutes until slightly softened, remove from heat and set aside.
In a bowl, beat cream cheese, onion, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and lemon juice until blended. Stir in cooked and chopped bacon.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of chicken and spread it out into a thin layer.
Roll the chicken.
Note to avoid them unrolling, you can use toothpicks to keep them together
Next, lightly dip the chicken rolls in egg mixture, followed by dipping them into the italian breadcrumbs
In a large skillet drizzle some olive oil and heat, Briefly cook rolls over high heat, browning all sides,.remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl add the water and the cream of soup and mix well
Add in the bell pepper/onions,and one of the 1/2 cups of cheese (any one you want) and combine
Pour mixture into a Large Baking dish and place the chicken rolls in, press down lightly to cover the sides with the mixture and space them out.
Take a teaspoon and scoop a little of the mixture on top of each chicken roll
Finally add in the rest of the cheeses on top evenly
Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely
Remove from oven and top with the 6 slices of chopped, cooked, bacon and place back into the oven for and additional 5 minutes
You'll also love
- Braided Cherry Danish 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Thai Peanut Sauce Chicken 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Sticky Chicken 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Pound Cake 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- APPLE CRANBERRY BACON CANDIED... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Casserole with Ritz... 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken Divan Casserole 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Alouette Almond Zucchini Stuffed... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)