Deviled Eggs with Crispy Shallot Gremolata
Deviled eggs topped with a crispy shallot gremolata are packed with zesty flavor and are sure to be a hit at your next potluck. Deviled Eggs with Crispy Shallot Gremolata are filled with the rich, crispy flavors of shallots, fresh herbs, lemon juice and zest, and Dijon mustard. Serve these on your next appetizer buffet during any celebratory occasion and watch as your guests rant and rave over these flavorful bites.
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 large star tip
- 1 pastry bag
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Place eggs in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and cover. Let sit 9 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to an ice bath.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to paper-towels; season with salt and let cool.
Peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Pop out yolks and place in a medium bowl; reserve whites. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice to yolks and stir with a fork or whisk until very smooth; season with salt and more lemon juice, if desired.
Toss chives, parsley, lemon zest, and reserved shallots in a small bowl; season with salt.
Fit a pastry bag with a large star tip (or use a resealable plastic bag with a hole cut out in the corner). Scoop egg yolk mixture into pastry bag and pipe into egg whites. Top with shallot gremolata before serving.
You'll also love
- The Cheese Dip That Will Make You... 4.1/5 (148 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs 4.1/5 (66 Votes)
- Cheese & Guinness Spread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Corn Nuts 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lima Bean and Sweet Pepper Gratin 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Spaghetti Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Artichokes Roman-Style 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe