An easy lasagna-esque pie with a quick, homemade tomato sauce that you can customize with any spices you like. Leftovers keep well and make a great lunch for tomorrow!
- 6 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cottage or ricotta cheese
- MEAT FILLING:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup green peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Prepare a pie dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
Cook the pasta in salted water until just al dente; drain but don't rinse.
Whisk the egg, melted butter, and parmesan cheese and then add the pasta and combine. Press the pasta into the pie dish, working it up on the sides and distribute evenly. Spread the cottage or ricotta cheese overtop the pasta
In a separate pan, brown the beef, then add the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are softened.
In a separate deep skillet, add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, oregano and sugar on medium heat.
When the beef and vegetables have cooked, drain if necessary, then add to the pasta sauce.
Add the meat filling on top of the cottage cheese.
Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes; add the mozzarella cheese and bake for 5 minutes more, or until bubbly and melted.
Allow to stand for 5 minutes, before slicing.
You'll also love
- Sue's Chicken Pot Pie with Puff... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Vegan Antipasto Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Greek Crockpot Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Red Cabbage, Carrot & Mint Salad 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Cavatini Pizza Hut 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salmon Spinach Pasta 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Noodles with... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Turkey Spaghetti Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)