Cheese & Guinness Spread
Buy a six-pack of Guinness for your guests and save a little for the dip. Since this spread needs to chill for 4 hours, make it the day before.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 ounces Guinness stout
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Assorted crackers and crudités
Adapted from myrecipes.com
In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Add shallot and sauté until soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 2 minutes longer.
Transfer to a food processor and let cool.
Add Guinness, cheeses, caraway and paprika to food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Place in a serving bowl, cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crackers and crudités.