Tuna Salad with Endives and Salpicon
We love salpicon. Salpicon is French term that refers to a mixture of finely diced ingredients. It can be enjoyed either by itself or paired with a side dish. Tuna salad with endives and salpicon brings together an explosion of flavors. As is the case with most salads, this one is quick and easy to prepare. You can even switch off some of the ingredients to make it your own.
- 2 endives
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a green red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a cucumber
- 1/2 of a tomato
- 1 tender onion
- 2 cans of solid light Isabel tuna in extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cooked octopus
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from isabeltuna.com
First, dice all the vegetables. Make sure they are not too finely diced. Then add the pieces of octopus, tuna, and a pinch of parsley. Dress with a salt vinaigrette, a sherry vinaigrette and extra virgin olive oil. Let it sit in the fridge.
It’s recommended to let the salpicon cool off in the fridge, however, it will taste just as good if you decide to skip this step.
Once the salpicon is ready, cut off the stem of the endives and peel. Once peeled, place the endives in a bowl and spread salpicon between the leaves. Lastly, add a few parsley leaves for presentation purposes.
You'll also love
- Jalapeño & Onion Crusted Chilean... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chipotle Mole Negro Sausage 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Awesome Shrimp Fajitas 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hot Dogs with Black Beans and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Apricot Glazed Flounder 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hazelnut Chicken with Roasted... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- FISH - Pan Grilled Rockfish Fillet... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach-Artichoke Strata 4.7/5 (3 Votes)