Pork Tenderloin With Whiskey Sauce
- WHISKEY SAUCE:
- 2 pork tenderloins - (1 lb ea)
- 6 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons beef stock
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
Prepare the Whiskey Sauce: In an enameled saucepan, dry-roast the garlic over medium-high heat until the skin chars. Add the olive oil, butter, beef stock, lemon juice and bourbon. Reduce sauce over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Cut the pork into 1- by 1- by 4-inch pieces. Pan-roast in a heavy pan until cooked through and lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes, turning frequently. Slice the pork on the bias into long strips. Fan out 3 or 4 slices for each serving and spoon the Whiskey Sauce, including the cloves of garlic, over the pork.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: 400 calories, 4g carbohydrate, 46g protein, 20g fat, 140mg cholesterol.
You'll also love
- ~ Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin OR... 4.5/5 (123 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Portabella... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- David Venable's Bacon-Wrapped Beef... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Silver Palate Sour Cream Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 'Tomato Time' Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Saltimbocca 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Breast Stuffed With Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Ribs, Sausage And Vegetables... 0/5 (0 Votes)