Laurie's Cherry Tomato Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely-torn fresh basil leaves
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti cooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese (for serving) optional
Place the oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 6 to 7 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper; raise heat to medium and cook, gently smashing some of the tomatoes with the back of a spoon (leave some whole), until the sauce is thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the basil.
Add the pasta, combine well and serve immediately, topped with grated cheese.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Per serving (without Parmesan cheese): 510 calories, 79g carbohydrate, 14g protein, 16g fat, no cholesterol.