Beef and Vegetable Samosas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300 g lean beef mince
- 400 g Sebago potatoes, peeled, diced, washed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preparation time 25mins
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and salt. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is very soft. Increase heat to high. Add cumin seeds, turmeric, chilli powder and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned.
Place potatoes into a shallow microwave safe dish. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Roughly mash.
Add potato to mince mixture. Mix well to combine. Transfer filling to a bowl. Set aside to cool completely. Stir in lemon juice and coriander.
Preheat oven to 200C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 squares. Spoon filling into centre of each square. Fold each square in half on the diagonal to form a triangle. Use a fork to press pastry edges together to seal. Place onto prepared tray. Brush with egg. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with green salad.
You'll also love
- Chickpea Samosas 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash and Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Teriyaki Pork Fried Rice 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Pork Loin Roast... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Beef Cabbage Casserole 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Whitewater Samosas 5/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe