Chicken Thigh and Fennel Sausage Cacciatore "Hunter Style"
Add some flavor to your chicken with this "Hunter Style" recipes. Add a kick by adding some Fennel Sausage Cacciatore.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet fennel sausage links, cut into large pieces
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup thickly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the olive oil and sausages to a large Dutch oven set over medium-high heat and sear until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove the sausages to a plate and set aside. Sprinkle the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper, then sear the chicken in the Dutch oven, 4 to 5 minutes per side; remove to a plate and set aside.
Now, add the mushrooms, pearl onions, red peppers, roasted garlic and pepper flakes to the pot; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are softened and the pearl onions translucent, 4 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 5 minutes, deglazing the pan.
In a large roasting pan add the browned sausages and chicken thighs, the sauteed vegetables, and the chicken stock and marinara sauce. Tie the thyme and rosemary into a bundle using butcher's twine and add it to the pan. Stir all the ingredients together and transfer the roasting pan to the oven. Cook until the chicken thighs are cooked through and tender and the sauce has thickened, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove the herb bundle.
Serve the cacciatore on a large serving platter, garnished with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
You'll also love
- Quinoa-Nectarine Gazpacho with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Citrus Salad with Tarragon 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Soup (Easy Crock Pot) 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Heirloom Pork, Pork, Pork and Beans 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- CHICKEN - Caramelized Baked... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Kielbasa and Kraut 4.5/5 (4 Votes)