- 12 chicken drumsticks
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Heat oven to 450. Set a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place the drumsticks on the rack and season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Bake 30 minutes; flip the drumsticks and continue baking until golden and crisp, about 30 more minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Bring the apple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, lemon zest, red pepper flakes (if using) and a pinch of salt to a high simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until the sauce is syrupy and coats the back of a spoon, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside until the chicken is done.
3. Stir the sesame seeds into the sauce, if using, and warm over medium heat, if necessary. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Add the sauce and butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a platter and drizzle with any remaining sauce from the bowl.
You'll also love
- White Bean Chicken Chili 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Apple BBQ Chicken 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken and Stovetop Stuffing... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Cilantro Sauce 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Legs & Thighs with a... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Pineapple Ginger Chicken 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Stuffed Chicken Drumsticks 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Chicken Cacciatore 4.4/5 (7 Votes)