- 4 small zucchini
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links cooked, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- Several leaves of freash basil torn
- 1 can diced tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz) (preferably Muir Glen)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Slice the unpeeled zucchini into ribbons, using a vegetable peeler and turning the squash as you go. Put 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; when it's warm, add the pressed garlic. Saute briefly, then add the tomatoes and oregano. Let the sauce simmer uncoverd for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a wide skillet; when it's hot, add the zucchini. Stir for several minutes until the zucchini is soft and the edges are clear. Add salt and pepper to taste, then mix in the sauce. Add the sausage and stir well. Stir in the basil and transfer to a serving dish. Scatter the Parmesan over the top.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
ECC = ?