Garlic Herb-Crusted Prime Rib Roast Recipe
- three -rib prime-rib roast, small end with ribs attached, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh grated horseradish (
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
Position oven rack on the lowest level in the oven. Preheat oven to 450 F.
Carefully remove prime rib roast from the bones so that the bones are remain attached to each other (or have your butcher do it for you). Place the bones in the bottom of a large heavy roaster pan. The ribs will serve as the rack for the roast. Sprinkle both ribs and roast generously with the salt and pepper.
Place garlic, onion, horseradish, oregano, flour, and mayonnaise in a food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms. Press garlic paste on all sides of the roast and place fat-side up on the rib rack in the pan.
Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 F. Bake an additional 1-1/2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast indicates a temperature of 110 F. for medium-rare. (Roast will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven.) Check at 10 minute intervals until it reaches desired temperature.
Move prime rib roast and ribs to a platter and keep warm. Let rest at least 15 minutes before carving.
Meanwhile, pour drippings from the pan into a gravy separator or glass measuring cup. Siphon off grease and reserve juices.
Place the roasting pan over medium-high heat and add red wine. Deglaze the pan by stirring to scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Boil until juices are reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add beef broth, reserved beef juices, and any juice that has collected in the platter. Cook, stirring often, until reduced again by half.
Slice prime rib roast and separate ribs. Serve with the reduced pan sauce and Creamed Horseradish Dill Sauce.
You'll also love
- SMOKE-ROASTED PEARS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber and Cream Cheese Appetizer 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatoes with Basil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Pork and Cashew Stir Fry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Burgundy noodle dish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Beef & Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- String Beans with Garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Prime Rib 0/5 (0 Votes)